It’s starting to feel like spring! I’m freaking out, my kids are freaking out…bye-bye winter!
Just the other day my son asked my wife if we could break out the kiddie swimming pool because it was so hot…I think it was 65 degrees that day. Yeah, we’re excited.
This is a great little art project for your kids. After you do one with them, they’ll be able to do another completely on their own. They’re that easy.
Stuff you’ll need:
- White paper
- Green and yellow pipe cleaners
- Clear tape
1. Have your child trace their hand on a white piece of paper.
2. Cut out their hand.
3. Roll the cutout into a cone shape. Make sure the pointy end is not completely closed. There needs to be enough space to push the pipe cleaner through. Then use a small piece of tape to hold it together.
4. Next cut the yellow pipe cleaner in half.
5. Then make a “U” shape with one half.
6. Next curl both ends of the yellow “U”.
7. Now connect the green pipe cleaner to the center of the “U” by wrapping it a couple times.
8. Then feed the green pipe cleaner through the center of the rolled paper.
9. That’s it!
Now see if your kid can make a couple more on their own. Putting a few more together is sure to melt mom’s (or grandma’s) heart.