My little Austin helped us with our how to finger paint a giraffe video! He’s only one (but almost two), and hasn’t stop asking to “paint ‘gain?”
With that said this video is for the really (really really) young artists. We meant to keep this as simple as possible, but also include a small color mixing quiz at the end.
A Few Things I’ve Learned With The Young Ones
- If they’ll let you, keep them on your lap
- Talk softly and into their ear
- Show them once, while holding their hand, then let them do it
- Keep a paper towel handy
- Use only a few colors at a time
- Save something exciting for the end
I tend to not follow these tips consistently during the video, just in the interest of keeping the videos short.
On the other hand, it’s also fun to…
- cover everything you want to protect from paint
- use as many colors as you have
- let them do it all by themselves 🙂
Personally I think it’s great to do both.
Art Materials We Used
- Acrylic paint (on Amazon)
- Printer paper (two sheets stacked, for each kid)