Hey, art friends! I hope you’re excited about today’s lesson, I know I am.
Follow along with me and learn how to draw a realistic lion ?
This lesson is meant for the older artists, but if the younger ones are up for the challenge, I think it’s awesome! Remember to pause the video when you need extra time, and don’t worry about making your drawing look exactly like mine. Use your own creativity to change your drawings!
- colored pencils
- dark yellow (yelloworange)
When coloring your lion:
- Color the whole thing yellow (I used a yellow orange so it looks darker)
- Leave the cheeks and chin white
- Then use orange and brown to add shading over the yellow
- Color the tongue pink and use red to shade the tongue
- Shade the white areas lightly with yellow (you can smooth this shading out with a white pencil)
- Use a black pencil to darken and thicken lines
- 10-15 minutes